November 10th, 2014
During this activity, I participated in tryouts for Varsity Basketball at Skyline High school. This was a new experience for me because generally I set my expectations lower in past years. This year however I entered with the idea that I wanted to make varsity. This was new. For this activity, I interacted with others in a team like manner. We worked together to show the coaches our skill and ability to cooperate. This activity was Action, and advanced learning objectives 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8. I will increase my awareness of strengths and areas for growth because the coaches will give me feedback on my performance. I undertake a new challenge of trying out for varsity. I work collaboratively with others to build a team . I show perseverance and commitment by consistently being there and on time. I consider ethical implications while interacting with the coaches and other prospective players. I develop new skills as I am always learning basketball. Through this activity, I hoped to meet new people, and show my skills to the coaches in order to possibly get a spot on the varsity team. I was somewhat successful in achieving my goals. Imet a lot of new team mates. I learned a lot about basketball during my days of tryouts. I learned that after I get to know people, I become very good at communicating and working with them effectively. The coaches helped me think about my learning during this activity as they pointed out tips and decisions for all of us to improve upon. This activity benefitted the skyline basketball program as it prepares for another year. Next time, I will practice prior to the tryouts in order to be a stronger contender for varsity. I can apply what I have learned from team building and cooperation on the team to situations in school and work.
November 11th, 2014
Today was the second day of tryouts. We are getting to know each other and the coaches more so it was much more enjoyable to work together. My goals for the day were to get to know my other potential team mates better and also to establish myself as a strong potential member of the team. To achieve these goals, I committed myself to the activities so i could both work with the others and play hard. I was pretty successful in achieving my goals, as I was learning a lot, forming bonds with the team, and working hard. I realized that the harder I worked, the better I felt about myself. I feel like I could use this philosophy in real life as well, because it could help me work on schoolwork, and anything in a future employment
November 12th, 2014
The third day of tryouts was today. We worked on several drills and skills. My goals for today were to try my hardest. I achieved these goals by fully committing myself to the drills, whether it was a scrimmage or a sprint. I managed to enjoy myself through all this hard work, and I felt really good about myself for being so committed. Next time to improve, I will focus on getting to know the team mates more so we can improve team chemistry because i feel like I didn't connect with people as much as I should've, and I kept mostly to myself. To fix it I will work on being a leader and social.
November 13th, 2014
Today was the fourth day of tryouts. We worked hard as a team to accomplish our goals of improving and of making sure our skills were shown to the coaches. My goals were to improve my acquaintance with the other team members, and to learn more about the skills that need to improve for the future. I accomplished these goals by making an effort to connect with other people through bonding and encouraging. I also asked coaches for constructive feedback on what they thought I needed to do, and applied it to myself. Next time to improve, I plan on working on the more finer points of the skills I need to improve and on connecting with the other team mates more, even outside of practice.
November 14th, 2014 and November 17th, 2014
These past two days were the last days of tryouts. The 14th, the players were sorted to JV and Varsity and the 17th, additional cuts were made. I am on the Junior Varsity team. My goals were to play hard for the lsat day. I was successful in achieving my goal, because I made the team. However, I didn't get a lot of time to do that, because several members of the team excluded me from the game. however I was more of a leader on the second day, as I knew these people better. Next time to improve, I would work harder on being more outspoken if I see something unfair. This activity will help me improve in the real word as my interaction skills can be applied to my life.
Total Hours: 12.5- Action
No comments:
Post a Comment