The UM Challenge Program was a very interactive, team building experience. We interacted with each other by planning and working together to complete tasks like getting people off an island and completing a circuit. This activity was Action, as we did a lot of physical activity. The Learning objectives fulfilled were 1, 2, possibly 3, 4, 7, and 8. The activity increased my awareness of strength and areas for growth by highlighting things I and the group needed to work on to get better and work better together. Also, I had never completed this course before so I was undertaking a new challenge. Additionally, I was part of the product team that planned this and put it into action, and so it could be an initiated activity. WE worked collaboratively as a team to complete our tasks. As a team we considered ethical implications of our actions towards each other and towards the leaders. Additionally, we developed new skills together as we all learned about low ropes. Through this activity, I hoped to have organized a good event for our grade. I also hoped to learn about others in the group and new skills and also to have a good time doing so! We were very successful in achieving our goals, because the group had a good time, learned about each other's personality, and enjoyed our new skills. Through this activity, I learned that is is difficult to step out of my comfort zone, but after doing so I feel very rewarded. I also learned that others in the grade are very interesting to interact with, and that they are very supportive of others in the group. The group leaders who were helping us in the activity and also helped us think about our learning. They often asked us to act then reflect on what we did in order to help us improve and learn more. This activity benefitted others by providing an opportunity for others to learn and have fun and bond as a grade. Next time, I would make sure there was more planning in order to get more people attending. I will also put more effort into the activity itself. In other life situations, I can apply what I learned to times when I need to work as a team or communicate effectively.
No comments:
Post a Comment