December 5th
Today was the first day of CASC, the Canadian American Security Council. It was a very new Experience for me. I was at a model UN conference where I am representing the United Kingdom. I interacted with others through discussion and debate, along with brainstorming ways to fix problems. This activity was Creativity as we actively tried to think of new ideas and resolutions in order to fix a country's problems. The Learning objectives advanced were 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8. I increased my awareness and areas for growth by learning how I needed to improve to communicate effectively. I undertook new challenges because I am trying new things. I worked collaboratively with others by trying to collectively come up to a consensus on how to best solve a problem. We were discussing issues of global importance such as the sanctions and the issues between Russia and Ukraine. I considered the ethical implications of my points of view of debate and how they would affect others positively and negatively. I developed new skills by learning new debate procedure and acquired new knowledge. Through this activity, I hoped to accomplish gaining experience in model UN and being able to successful debate. I was moderately successful in achieving my goals. I was able to get my feet under me in this first time conference for me, and ended up understanding a lot more about model UN. A challenge I ran into while trying to learn to communicate with people was that several of the guys didn't really listen to or want input from the girls. I over came this by being more assertive and confident in getting my points across. I learned about myself that I am a little intimidated but also confident in group speaking situations. I learned that others respond better to confidence. The leader and the chaperones helped me think about my learning and developing new ways to improve. They helped me question others and myself. This activity benefitted others by creating an environment where ideas can be shared and discussed. Tomorrow to improve, I will research better so I can be more sure of my position. I can apply what I learned to many real life situations, including business and meetings. Anytime I communicate with someone, I can apply what I learned.
December 6th
Today, my goals were to continue to be confident in my stand and communications. I was successful in achieving my goals. I was able to change the minds of others through debate, and even contributed to several resolutions that were passed by the group. I communicated very well and was very confident in my opinion. I realized that I can debate and contribute to big decisions,. I was able to help many people understand the situation and stood up for my opinion. I realized that confidence can be such a big factor in how I am perceived and respected. Next time to improve, I would have a more straightforward way of explaining myself in order to be more confident on my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment