Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Skyline JV Girls' Basketball, 2014-2015

11/18-11/21
For this activity, I hope to have a good time, get in shape, learn more skills, and help my team become successful. My short term goals are to get to know my team mates and build a team with the coach.

11/23-12/1
I was very successful in achieving my previous goals. I got very acquainted with my team mates and coach, and started learning new plays. To improve, I think I need to put in more effort to be a leader by example, by always staying motivated, which is my goal for next time.

12/2-12/8
During this time period, we had our first two games, which did not go very well. Although we tried hard, we didn't have the chemistry or skills needed to come out on top. I was only somewhat successful in achieving my goal, because it is difficult to stay motivated in the face of a challenge. I need to improve on this so it continues to be my goal

12/9-12/18
The past couple meetings have all been practices, and I'm proud to say that I was very sucessful in achieving my goals. I was able to be a positive influence on the team, and my skills are improving in basketball and as a leader. I could improve on several basketball basics, so I need to take time to address that in the future. My goal is to improve my skills and be a more aggressive player, while also leading the team to success.

12/19-12/30
My positivity was put to the test when we lost another two games. However, I was successful in achieving my goal to be a motivated, positive influence on the team, even during losses. However, I still need to improve on being a more confident player, which is my goal for the rest of the season.

1/5-1/7
I have been working hard to become more confident on the court through constant practice and repetition. I am starting to become more and more successful in achieving my goals for the future, and hope to continue to do that over the next few weeks as it draws to a close. I can improve on my leadership skills, as I have been abandoning them slightly in favor of working on the court skills instead, so my goals are to have a healthy balance of both.



FINAL REFLECTION:

During this activity, I played basketball, but was also the co-captain, so I helped organize the team and encouraged teamwork and collaboration. I helped motivate and identify areas for imporvement, and had a great time doing it. The CAS element was action, and I helped advance learning objectives  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, because being part of a basketball team and being captain covered all but Issues of global importance. I Found awareness of strengths and areas for growth during games and practices, and also as a captain, to see what I could do better. Being a captain was a way to undertake new challenges. Basketball is a planned and initiated activity, a long term commitment. I worked collabooratively with others, both the co-captains and my team. I showed perseverance and commitment by arriving on time, and coming to a majority of practices and games over several months. I considered ethical implications by thinking about how to handle tough situations, how to motivate my team, and how to be a leader, which was also part of developing new skills.  I was very successful in achieving my goals. I was able to take on a new role as captain, improved as a basketball player, and had a good time and got in shape. I encountered many difficulties such as being part of a young team that lost often and lacking skills necessary to be more sucessful. We overcame this by playing hard, and working to identiify and improve areas of weakness while staying positive. I learned that I am a hard worker who spots a problem in herself and tries her best to fix it. I learned that others are always okay when you ask for help, but also welcome it once in a while. This activity benefitted others by giving them a stress relief and a way to build a teamwork mindset. My coach, team and parents helped me think about my learning during this activity. They were always questioning me and asking me what I thought needed improvement and made me analyze how to fix it. Next time, to improve I think I will come in more prepared to become a leader, and help my team become more successful. I can use what I learned in life by applying collaborative skills to my job in the future, but also using leadership skills and committment in group work and studies.

Total Hours: 70- Action

No comments:

Post a Comment