9/24 and 10/11
For this activity, I hope to be a positive influence on kid's outlook on science. I worked as an activities facilitator at the hands on museum. Some difficulties I ran into were that I was a little unable to connect with the kids through science, but I solved this by making science more fun and playful so they learned. For the future, I hope to improve by finding a better way to explain the science behind the activities without being boring.
Final:
During this activity, I helped teach kids about Science at the Hands on Museum, through activities like a floating puck and cool reactions. I interacted with others through learning what I had to teach, and then engaging families and competitors in conversation, while teaching and helping them become interested in science concepts at an early age in a fun way. I was doing service and advanced objectives 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8. I was increasing my awareness of areas for growth in teaching, undertaking a new challenge as I had never participated in this type of volunteering before, I worked collaboratively with my leader to reach as many people as possible, I engaged in issues of global importance by helping kids learn, and considered ethical implications by considering what I was learning and helping people learn. I developed new ways to engage with younger kids to teach and helpthem have fun. I had hoped to help spark an interest in science, and I was very successful, I got to watch kids' eyes light up as they understood a new concept, and also helped them apply it in a fun way. Some difficulties I ran into were that some kids were finding it hard to concentrate or care about science and just wanted to play, which I solved by turning the concept into a game for them so they learned while being interested. I learned that thinking creatively is helpful when someone is untinterested. The kids helped me think about my learning this time by helping me realize how to improve to engage them. This activity benefitted others by helping not only put on a successful event, but sparking an interest in science, which will help them in life.. Next time to improve, I will try to be more flexible from the beginning so I can reach more people. I can apply the collaboration and thinking outside the box I learned to every situation in life, from college to a job to a regular day. The knowledege of how to be flexible can be applied to life in general, when things don't go as planned.
Total: 11- Service
For this activity, I hope to be a positive influence on kid's outlook on science. I worked as an activities facilitator at the hands on museum. Some difficulties I ran into were that I was a little unable to connect with the kids through science, but I solved this by making science more fun and playful so they learned. For the future, I hope to improve by finding a better way to explain the science behind the activities without being boring.
Final:
During this activity, I helped teach kids about Science at the Hands on Museum, through activities like a floating puck and cool reactions. I interacted with others through learning what I had to teach, and then engaging families and competitors in conversation, while teaching and helping them become interested in science concepts at an early age in a fun way. I was doing service and advanced objectives 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8. I was increasing my awareness of areas for growth in teaching, undertaking a new challenge as I had never participated in this type of volunteering before, I worked collaboratively with my leader to reach as many people as possible, I engaged in issues of global importance by helping kids learn, and considered ethical implications by considering what I was learning and helping people learn. I developed new ways to engage with younger kids to teach and helpthem have fun. I had hoped to help spark an interest in science, and I was very successful, I got to watch kids' eyes light up as they understood a new concept, and also helped them apply it in a fun way. Some difficulties I ran into were that some kids were finding it hard to concentrate or care about science and just wanted to play, which I solved by turning the concept into a game for them so they learned while being interested. I learned that thinking creatively is helpful when someone is untinterested. The kids helped me think about my learning this time by helping me realize how to improve to engage them. This activity benefitted others by helping not only put on a successful event, but sparking an interest in science, which will help them in life.. Next time to improve, I will try to be more flexible from the beginning so I can reach more people. I can apply the collaboration and thinking outside the box I learned to every situation in life, from college to a job to a regular day. The knowledege of how to be flexible can be applied to life in general, when things don't go as planned.
Total: 11- Service
No comments:
Post a Comment