Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Ann Arbor Sunday and Saturday School Adminsitration

9/12
For this activity, I hope make it easier for people to become involved at the mosque and teach their kids language and religion. I worked as a Registrar for the Saturday school, helping people through the process and payment.  Some difficulties I ran into were that I was unprepared for some of the questions but I solved this by asking questions and becoming more experienced as the day went on. For the future, I hope to improve by finding a better way to give service and be more efficient.
9/13 (Final):
During this activity, I helped register people and their kids for Sunday and Saturday school. I interacted with others through answering questions, walking people through registrations, working with other registrars to make the process more helpful. I was doing service and advanced objectives 3, 6 and 7.and 8. I worked collaboratively with other administrators,engaged in issues of global importance (education, religion) and developed new computer skills on different programs. I  had hoped make the Sunday and Saturday school succesful, and I was successful. As a group we registered over 70 people. Some difficulties I ran into were that the system wasn't working, so I solved it by creating a streamlined spreadsheet so we could process things faster.. I learned that thinking creatively is helpful, and so is coming up with creative solutinos to things like the lack of a receipt book. The families helped me think about my learning this time by helping me realize how to improve the syste,. This activity benefitted others by helping not only build the Muslim community by providing opportunites for education, but making the process more successful in the future.  Next time to improve, I will try to be more flexible from the beginning so I can reach more people, and share my ideas earlier. I can apply the collaboration and thinking outside the box I learned to every situation in life, from college to a job to a regular day. I can apply customer service and computer skills if I ever get a job that involves either of those.

Total: 6- service

No comments:

Post a Comment