During this activity, I helped set up and run the WIHI silent auction. I interacted with others through consultation and planning in order to become organized. I was doing service and advanced objectives 3, 4, and 5, by working collaboratively with others on a self planned and initiated activity. and I showed perseverance and commitment by regularly coming to meetings and helping with planning. I had hoped to help create and run an event that was smooth and successful, and I was very successful in achieving my goals. We raised $1800 dollars and people had a great time. Some difficulties I ran into were organizational, and we resolved them by thinking creatively and brainstorming with others. I learned that sometimes its okay to ask for help on more difficult things and that lots of time, talking it out will bring a great solution, such as when we were about to waste a lot of food but donated it instead. No one really helped me think about my learning this time other than myself. I realized how great it can be if we help each other out. This activity benefitted others by helping not only put on a successful event, but raise money for the senior class. Next time to improve, I will try to make sure my communication with others was done before hand so I can be more on top of things. I can apply the collaboration and thinking outside the box I learned to every situation in life, from college to a job to a regular day.
Total hours: 4- Service
Total hours: 4- Service
No comments:
Post a Comment