In the Color Vibe, we ran/walked a 5K race. In training, I pushed myself, and during the race we helped each other. The CAS element that was a part of this activity was Action because it was for physical well being. The learning objectives advanced were 1, 2, and 8. Increased awareness of strengths and areas for growth was present because I saw how I needed to improve to do better on the next race. Undertaking new challenges is present because I had never done anything like this. I also Developed New Skills. Through this activity, I hoped to experience a 5k, and learn more about racing, along with having fun and getting more in shape. I was very successful in achieving my goals because I accomplished all of this. One difficulty I ran into was carrying extra weight for my friends, which really tired me out and I couldn't perform as well. During this activity I learned that I am very helpful to friends, and also I need more training to be in shape. People who helped with my learning through this activity were people running the event, because they guided our activities. This activity benefitted others by raising money for Pencils of Promise, so many others gained education through our admission. Next time, I would train more and be more in shape to improve myself. I can apply what I learned to other life situations like basketball and other athletics, along with anytime I need to fundraise, because I will learn effective strategies
No comments:
Post a Comment